The Centre of Retraining and Improving Qualification
The objective of the Centre
The Centre of retraining and improving qualification is the main educational and administrative structural unit of Ivan Chernyakhovsky National Defense university of Ukraine, which provides continuous preparation and prospects of advancing in military career of military, servicemen of Armed Forces of Ukraine and civil servants of categories “A”, “B”, “C” positions, achieving knowledge, abilities and practical skills to perform responsibilities according to their positions during their service.
The aim of the Centre
The main aim of the Centre is to carry out educational activity, which provides the preparation and improving of the qualification of the professionals in the particular educational and qualification levels and correspond to the standards of high education, namely:
- improvement of qualification of the servicemen and civil servants of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and Armed Forces of Ukraine, and as well the heads and specialists of the central and local executive authorities, local authorities, military authorities of the Armed Forces, whose duties include to solve issues of the defense and mobilization work, those who hold the positions of the civil servants of the categories “A”, “B”, “C” on the High academic courses due to the preparation of 23 specialties;
- improvement of the qualification of the military and servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the courses of the improving qualification and professional leveldue to the preparationof 52 specialties;
- preparation of the foreign specialists according to the educational and professional programs on the level of education degree – the Master of Arts, based on the programs of operational and strategic, operational and tactical level of preparation, and as well the increasing of their qualification with the basic accredited branches (specialties);
- improvement of the language preparation of the military, servicemen of the Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces of Ukraine, other military formations and foreign specialists on the courses of the foreign languages;
- development (improvement) normative legal, the educational, material and technical base for providing educational activity;
- providing cultural and spiritual personality development, training the personnel in the spirit of patriotism and respect for the Constitution of Ukraine.
Preparation of foreign military specialists
Admission of the foreign citizens to study in Ivan Chernyakhovsky National Defense university of Ukraine is carried out on the basis of the international agreements (contracts) of Ukraine with appropriate countries, which provide the cooperation in the military education sphere.
Therefore between the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and military department of the foreign country or specialized enterprise of Ukraine, which has the license to conduct the services of the military and special-purpose services, which is intermediary between Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and military department of the foreign country, the contract is concluded for preparation of the military specialists.
The first course of foreign students was held in 1997, and the first graduation – in 1999.
During this time 236specialists were prepared, 7 of them acquired high military operational and strategic education and 111men acquired high military operational and tactical education. Two servicemen from Georgia and serviceman from the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka have completed adjunct education (postgraduate study) and received scientific degree of the candidate of military science.
On the basis of the contacts and agreement documents in Ivan Chernyakhovsky National Defense university of Ukraine are carried out the preparation of the foreign specialists according to the educational and professional programs on the educational level – Master of Arts, according to the programs of the operational and strategic, operational and tactical levels of preparation, according to the main accredited branches (specialties), according to the full-time or part-time education. The terms of education are from fourteen months to three years and directly determined by the concluded international agreements.
Foreign citizens, who do not speak Ukrainian (Russian) languages, have opportunity to learn languages, having passed the studying on the preparation course of Ukrainian (Russian) languages and special terminology, which will last 8-10 months on the course of the foreign languages of the Centre of retraining and improving qualification. After graduation they can continue study for acquiring military education.
Having taken into account the requirements about the preparation of the Masters of Arts, since the 1st September 2018 the following procedure of educating of foreign citizens was introduced:
Studying according to the program of the course Ukrainian (Russian) language and special terminology – not less than 8 months;
Training on the particular specialization – from 14 months and more.
The studying of foreign military specialist according to the terms of the contract can be carried out with the help of Ukrainian or national interpreters. To conduct educational trainings with the foreign military specialists were involved the most highly prepared and experienced scientific pedagogical workers, among them there are 66Ph.D (professors),270candidates of science (assistant professors).
Preparation of scientific, scientific and pedagogical personnel from the foreign military specialists is conducted in the doctoral and adjunct studies in the university, which have appropriate exploring and experimental base and high-qualified scientific personnel. Preparation is conducted on the basis of intergovernmental agreement and the following order of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine from the 24th February in 2017, № 115 “On approval of peculiarities of preparation of those who acquire high educational degree of the Ph.D and the doctor of science in the high military educational institutions (scientific and exploring institutions) Ministry of Defense of Ukraine”.