The Center of Retraining and Improving Qualification
The objective of the Centre
The Center of Retraining and Improving Qualification is the main educational and administrative structural unit of the National Defence University of Ukraine named after Ivan Cherniakhovskyi that ensures ongoing training and promotion prospects of military personnel, employees of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and civil servants of "A", "B", "C" positions, gaining knowledge, ability and practical skills to perform the duties associated with their posts throughout the service.
The tasks of the Centre
The main task of the Center is the implementation of the educational activities that provide training and skills upgrading for specialists required for the qualification and complied with the standards of higher education, namely:
- advanced training of military personnel and civil servants of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine and the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as the heads and specialists of central and local authorities, local government bodies, military administrative bodies of the Armed Forces who are engaged in defence and mobilization issues and hold the positions of the civil servants of the “A”, “B”, “C” categories on Higher Academic Courses in 23 specialties;
- advanced training of military personnel and employees of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on advanced training courses in 52 specialties;
- training foreign military professionals according to educational programmes at the level of academic degree - Master's degree in operational-strategic, operational-tactical level programme, as well as improving their qualifications in basic accredited directions (specialties);
- improving language training of military personnel, civil servants of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine and the Armed Forces of Ukraine, other military organizations and foreign specialists at foreign language courses;
- training of the senior non-commissioned officers at the advanced training courses for non- commissioned officers:
- in leadership and career management of non-commissioned officers;
- in moral and psychological support;
- at leadership courses;
- development (improvement) of normative legal, educational, material and technical base for providing educational activity;
- providing cultural and spiritual personality development, training the personnel in the spirit of patriotism and respect for the Constitution of Ukraine.