Foreign Languages Education and Research Centre
Foreign Languages Education and Research Centre is a structural unit of the National Defence University of Ukraine named after Ivan Cherniakhovskyi.
The purpose of Foreign Languages Education and Research Centre is
to organize and conduct the students’ language training with target language levels 1, 2, 3 (according to NATO STANAG 6001) and to ensure students’ understanding of the basic and special foreign military terminology in order to enhance an interoperability of Ukrainian military units (sub-units) in peacekeeping and information operations, to improve Ukrainian staff officers’ performance at multinational command structures, to facilitate an ability of personnel for a prompt familiarization with advanced foreign military professional experiences. The Foreign Languages Education and Research Centre fulfils some additional tasks on the University leadership’s orders. The Centre provides training and STANAG 6001 testing in English, German, French and Russian.
The Centre’s main activities are:
- provision of foreign language training for the University’s students, for selected personnel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine;
- conducting researches in linguistics to improve the students’ language training and testing;
- development of higher testing standards and students’ language proficiency level assessment;
- provision of language testing;
- provision of scientific support of foreign language teaching;
- scientific and pedagogical staff preparation and qualification improvement in accordance with Cambridge University program (ICELT course); ensuring the Centre’s education and language testing processes providing material and technical support.
Foreign Languages Education and Research Centre consists of:
- Department of Foreign Languages (FLERC);
- Language Testing and Research Centre (LTRC);
- Software and Technical Support Section.
FLERC Chief – [email protected]
LTRC Chief – [email protected]