Aviation and Air Defence Institute
The Aviation and Air Defense Institute is a structural unit of the National Defense University of Ukraine named after Ivan Cherniakhovskyi and is intended for the preparation of Masters Officers of Operational and Strategic Levels for Aviation and Air Defense of the Armed Forces, military units of Ukraine and other countries of the world.
The Institute of Aviation and Air Defense is an educational, methodological and scientific unit, which structurally consists of the administration, the research department of the application of aviation and air defense and five departments: Air Force, aviation, anti-aircraft missile forces, radio technical and special forces, logistics of the Air Force.
The determined structure allows the institute to be a leading center covering all types of activities – educational, methodological, scientific and technical features and has the features of structural formation with a full closed cycle of training military aviation and air defense professionals.
The main tasks of the Aviation and Air Defense Institute are:
- Training of listeners according to their specialties, organization and scientific and methodical support of all kinds of educational activities, independent work and practical training. This task includes diagnostics of educational and personnel development achievements of students as well as providing their certification and quality management;
- preparation of scientific and scientific-pedagogical staff of the highest category (doctor of sciences, doctor of philosophy) in specialty 255 “Armament and military equipment” for the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations;
- organization and conducting of flight training of scientific and scientific-pedagogical staff, doctoral candidates that occupy the positions of the flight composition and students of the flight warehouse in the aircraft units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- scientific and methodological support for organization, conducting and managing the quality of the educational process; improvement of methodological skills of the leading staff, pedagogical and scientific staff of the institute; improvement of the methodology, forms and technologies of conducting all types of training sessions;
- adherence to the structural units of the Institute of labor and military discipline, the fight against corruption, the promotion of integrity, the prevention of crimes and gross violations of military discipline;
formation of moral and psychological leadership qualities of listeners which are necessary for military service, readiness to perform tasks under any conditions;
- improvement of material and technical capability and equipment.
Speciality -253 “Military administration (by services and branches of the Armed Forces)”:
1. Combat employment and management of operations of anti-aircraft missile troops.
2. Combat employment and management of operations of radio-technical units.
3. Combat employment, command and control of aviation military units.
3. Combat employment, command and control, support of unmanned aircraft systems.
Speciality -254 “Organization of logistic support of Air Force branches”
1 Organization of communications, automatization of control and radio-technical support.
2. Employment and management of operations of logistic support of military units and formations.
3. Organization of aviation-engineering support.
4. Organization of maintenance and service of armament and military equipment of anti-aircraft missile troops.
5. Organization of maintenance and service of armament and military equipment of radio-technical troops.
6. Organization of airfield technical and engineering airfield support.