Department of Military History And Operational Art
Ihor Furman Doctor of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor
Department of Military History And Operational Art is the structural unit of the State Military Management Institute of the National Defencse University named after Ivan Chrerniakhovskyi.
Its main mission is:
to carry out educational, methodological, scientific as well as scientific and technical activities.
The Department consists of:
- department leadership;
- scientific and pedagogical staff.
The main tasks of the department are:
- participation in the training of military specialists of strategic, operational and tactical levels of training in certain specialties and specializations for the Armed Forces of Ukraine, other military formations of the state and specialists of foreign states, participation in retraining and advanced training;
- preparation of scientific and scientific-pedagogical personnel of the highest qualification - candidates (doctors of philosophy) and doctors of sciences for the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations;
- conducting scientific military-historical research in the areas of science: military history, history of operational art, history of weapons and military equipment, military history of Ukraine;
- publication of textbooks, and other teaching materials on the disciplines of the department, scientific support of the educational process at the university in the military-historical direction;
- publication of the collection of scientific works of the University "Military History Bulletin" (professional edition on historical sciences);
The department teaches five academic disciplines and two optional courses.