Institute of Information Technologies
Institute of information technologies is a subunit of National Defense University of Ukraine named after Ivan Chernyahovsky and is subordinates to the chief of the university.
The institute consists of the department of communication and automated control systems, department of the information technologies employment and information security, employment of space systems and geospatial support. Each of the department conducts the education of military students according to its respectful disciplines.
The main tasks on the Institute are:
education of military specialist for the obtaining full higher education and the qualifications of the “professional, officer of military command on operational and tactical level” and “professional, officer of military command on operational and strategic level” in the subject area 25 “Military science, national defense, security of state border” with the qualification level of “magister” for the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other state military formations with the specialty 254 “Forces support” with specializations, such as “Organization of the communication and automated control system”; “Protection of the information with limited access in forces”; “Organization of military space systems”; “Organization of topographical and navigation support for forces”; “Information analytical support for the commands and staffs”; “information security management in the Armed Forces”;
preparation of the scientific and teaching staff in the sphere of military cybernetics, modern information technologies, information security, cyber defense and cyber security, robotized systems and operational-level support of forces;
organization and conducting of the scientific and scientific and technical activities in the sphere of the development of the fundamental principles of the military cybernetics, modern information technologies, information security, cyber defense and cyber security, robotized systems and operational-level support of forces;
deployment of the simulation modeling system in the Armed Forces according to international standards; development, exploration and implementation in educational process of the mathematical models of the modern operations (combat actions), theory and practice of the development and employment of the electronic means of education;
providing the individual cultural and spiritual development, uprising the personnel in the spirit of patriotism and respect to the Constitution of Ukraine.
According to the defined task the Institute executes the following functions:
- conducts educational, methodological, moral building activities, scientific and scientific and technical activities, provides the conditions for obtaining of the full higher education by specialists of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other state military formations, Ministry of Defense and General staff servicemen, servicemen of the state and local power institutions, which takes part in the fulfillment of the national defense and security tasks in peace and war time (students);
- supports improvement of the qualification and professional level of the scientific and teaching staff, conducts scientific researches in the sphere of the military cybernetics, modern information technologies, information security, cyber defense and cyber security, robotized systems and operational-level support of forces;
- supports the implementation of the simulation modeling technologies in the educational process, conduct the activities for the development of the simulation modeling systems in the Armed Forces of Ukraine
- takes part in the organization of training, retraining and in-service training for distance and mixed (correspondence-distance) forms of training of officers with higher education and civil servants for service in parts, associations and institutions, management bodies of the Armed Forces, other military formations of Ukraine, executive bodies;
- educates the listeners as соmmander-leader in the best traditions of the Ukrainian army, Ukrainian Cossacks, officers of previous generations and cultural heritage of the Ukrainian people, high patriotism and devotion to military affairs and service to the Ukrainian people, ensures their physical, cultural and spiritual development;
- introduces in the educational process the results of scientific research on issues of military security and defense of the state, innovative technologies for the training of military specialists for the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- maintains a high level of educational material and technical base and takes measures for its development;
- organizes work of students in scientific circles under the direction of scientific and pedagogical and scientific workers of departments;
- organizes the development, development and implementation of mathematical models of modern operations (combat actions) in the educational process, the theory and practice of developing and applying electronic teaching aids;
- implements a complex of organizational, moral and psychological, pedagogical, cultural and educational and military-social measures in order to form the students with the moral and psychological qualities that are necessary for military specialists during the performance of their duties in peacetime and wartime.
The educational proces sat the instituteis conducted by leading scientist sin the military affairs, doctor sand candidate sofsciences, professors, associate professors, honored worker sofscience and technology of Ukraine. Veterans of the Armed Forces o fUkraine, who, after the completion of military service, continue to transfer the irexperience to younger generations of officers, are working along side the service menat the Institute. The operational tactical level of education received by the graduates of the institute covers a wide range of issues involving the over whelming majority of military formations, preparation and conduct of operations, combat, combat operations, their comprehensive support and the use of modern information technology in the interest softheforces.