Command and Staff Institute of Troops (Forces) Employment
The Command-and-Staff Institute of the troops (forces) combat use is a structural unit of the National Defence University of Ukraine.
The Institute is a legal successor of the operational level specialists training faculty of the National Defense Academy of Ukraine and has been carrying out its activities since 1994.
During this time more than 4000 officers of the operational level were trained for the Armed Forces of Ukraine at the institute.
The institute main tasks are:
conducting educational activities that ensure the officer receipt of the higher education with the educational qualification level "Master" in the field of science "Military sciences, national security, security of the state border" according to the specialties and specializations for the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations of the state;
carrying out scientific activities by conducting scientific research and providing creative activity of educational process participants, training of higher qualification scientific personnel and using the obtained results in the educational process;
the personality development of the educational process participants through military patriotic, legal, ecological education, affirmation of leadership and moral values, social activity, civic position and responsibility, healthy lifestyle, ability to think freely and self-organize in modern conditions.
The institute includes the Departments of the Land Forces, the Naval Forces, the Missile Troops and Artillery units, the Highly Mobile Assault Forces and the Special Operations Forces, the Intelligence Department, Department of Troops (forces) Daily Activity Command, the training organization unit and courses for full-time and part-time students.
Leading military scientists, doctors of sciences and PhDs, professors and associate professors work at the departments.
Since August 2014 almost 90% of the military scientific and scientific-pedagogical staff participated in the Anti-Terrorist Operation in the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine.
The Command-and-Staff Institute of the troops (forces)combat use carries out training of officers in the field of science "Military sciences, national security, security of the state border", educational qualification level "Master" in specialty 253 " Military administration (by services and branches of the Armed Forces)" and specializations:
- Combat employment and operations management of mechanized and tank troops.
- Combat employment and management of missile troops and artillery units combat actions.
- Combat employment and operations management of the Land Forces Air Defense units.
- Combat employment and operations management of the Land Forces Aviation units.
- Combat employment and management of Highly Mobile Assault Forces units.
- Combat employment, command and control of reconnaissance units and special forces combat actions.
- Combat employment and management of the Naval Forces military units.
- Organization of combat employment and exploitation of the Naval Forces armament and military equipment.
and specialization 254 “Troops (forces) Service Support”
- Organization of radio-electronic intelligence.
- Personnel management in troops (forces).